Just like learning any musical instrument, your kids may benefit from playing the harmonica in a number of ways:
- Increased awareness of musicality and a chance for them to develop their musical ‘ear’
- Opportunity to express creativity through music
- Playing a wind instrument may greatly help lung capacity and regulate breathing problems such as asthma and bronchitis
- Portable - harmonicas can be slipped into a pocklet making them highly transportable.
- Are you looking for an instrument that will appeal to all ages, from a two year old to an eighteen year old? The harmonica is one of the few musical activities for kids that can be enjoyed at any age and although it takes practise, even very young kids will probably enjoy being able to blow into the holes and make sounds by moving their hands up and down.